Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prayer of a new mom...

As I sit here tonight anticipating the next 4 (if not less) weeks, I find myself wishing it away. I was convicted today of this feeling and discovered myself praying aloud that I would cherish this time that God has given me as a mother that has not yet met her precious child. Not all women get to experience the joy and pains of motherhood or child bearing. This makes me hurt and sorry about any complaints that have ever left my lips during these past 8 1/2 months. God has placed this incredible miracle inside of me...I mean, who am I to expand His kingdom?? He bestows us with the pain and joy of childbirth when He could ultimately do it on His own. But, the effects would be different and the joy not the same and He knows the world would suffer greatly for missing this. I am constantly repeating this verse in my head:
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!"
Psalm 127:3
It must be God's way of reminding me that the reward ahead of us is greater than any experienced thus far so, BE PATIENT! This time will not come again and soon this day will be a memory that I look on with a huge smile and a little tear in my eye! Thank you God for being the amazing Father you are and blessing our lives so richly! Please continue to make me a great mother and Jay an incredible father!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

What a sweet, heartfelt post...you are going to be a wonderful mom. The Lord has blessed you with this precious baby, and He's known all along when he/she would come. The road you've been down to get to this point has only made you more dependent on HIM (which is where He always wants us to be) and given you more love & concern for the others who may be experiencing the same thing. I'm so exited for you and Jay...;) I'll pray that these last few weeks are enjoyable and that you'll be able to relax and patiently wait for your little one to arrive!!

Jenny said...

oooohhh, i loved reading this. and i have to second shelley in saying that you will be an incredible mom. i know the anticipation of wanting it to fly by, but this is a sweet time of having him/her all to yourself, and it will soon pass....so just enjoy being blessed.:) you went through some valleys to get here, and our faithful God has brought you to the mountaintop! all praise to HIM. praying for you in these last days of pregnancy. i can't wait to meet wittle witcher and love on him/her.

Tate Family said...

Ditto and ditto to both the girls. :) Believe it or not, I so miss the kicks and hiccups in the middle of the night. You're going to do a great job, all with His help. I often say that the greatest blessing of parenthood is finally getting a glimpse into just how much God loves US. As hard as it sometimes can be, you're in for such an incredible change -- one that is just awesome!